Friday, May 14, 2010

The Last Rebellion


Three days before his death, St. Polycarp prophesized: "In three days, I will be burned in fire for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ!" And on the third day when the soldiers arrested him and brought him to trial, he cried out: "Let this be the will of the Lord my God."

THE HOLY MARTYR POLYCARP, BISHOP OF SMYRNA

i wish that i could be so faithful. i wish that i could experience our Lord in such a wanting heart, that i could proclaim to my nae sayers that what they do will not harm me.
i wish that i was able to die in this world, so that i may eat with Christ (thank you Mr. Heider).
i wish i was not at the beginning of my journey, although it is filled with yearning. i wish that i could understand what cannot be understood. please, show me the light and guide my way. and to you, kind people, who have a lit torch, be not afraid to lend the flame. my thirst is plentiful, my belly is starving.
i am hungry. feed me. the flesh taste sweet. let me have more. let me experience the subtleties. let me wonder with purpose. let me teach and guide my son.
can you imagine who today's saints will be? will our children look back at their lives in awe at their amazing courage? will others seek the way i seek?......................too many questions. i am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment